Sunday, November 16, 2008

5th Letter

Dear Friend,

Part One
So this coming week is going to be hell for me. As you know, my life could not get any more complicated! I've found a new technique that is helping me get through these final weeks of school though, I thought maybe if I shared it with you, you could use it as well. Lately, when I've been having a terrible week I like to daydream about my plans for the future. As you know, I have a lot coming up next semester that we are both very excited for. So instead of focusing on how awful I am feeling now, I focus on how much better I'm going to feel next semester and how much easier it's going to be because we won't be so far away. And I have the hope that everything will be worked out for the better with this transition, and that's what gets me through these rough weeks.

Part Two
I was also thinking back to all the things we have gone through together these past months, and I realized that we became much closer during a time that could have torn us apart. We both went through tough break ups this year, and I really believe that it brought us closer together. At first we were just there to wipe up the tears and be a shoulder to cry on, but since we were both going through the exact same thing at the exact same time, we were able to share our experiences and help each other a lot. I don't think that I could have made it through this past month without you, you've been my shoulder to cry on and my support system and I could never thank you enough for that. It's unfortunate that such crappy circumstances was what made us even greater best friends, but I don't regret it one bit.

Part Three
After you helped me pick myself back up after the break up, I needed something to throw myself into as a distraction. The only thing I could think of was the treadmill right outside my bedroom door. So I began working out constantly, just for something to do to distract me from thinking. The thing is, I despise running. I hate it with a burning passion, and I swore I wouldn't run anymore after cheerleading ended. However, anything was better than laying in bed and thinking about him, so if my focus was on how much I hated running, it would be a brief break from my other thoughts. It ended up being a really positive thing for me. I got in shape, and I think it helped my healing process in some way, even if it was just a form of distraction.

Sincerely,
Me

No comments: